My take on the impact traditional marketing, e-marketing and social media marketing have on the small business.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Finally Breaking Down and Thoughts on Twitter

So after many attempts of blogging I am finally going to do this. Blog that is...

It's funny, after twittering for well over a year now I am amazed by the people that push for thousands of followers... and the people who follow everyone regardless of similar interests.

I got into the whole #followfriday thing - but I found that different people do things very differently... some people just post a ton of names in hopes of building followers; others actually identify why they follow certain people. I find the latter makes so much more sense. I want to follow people who have interesting and informative tweets. I don't want to follow people that don't think for themselves and only RT what others have posted. I find that extremely annoying. So these days I actually view people's tweets, visit their websites and see what kinds of people they are following and who is following them...only after all of that will I follow.

The one thing I have cut back on is sending tweets to my cell. I've cut it back so that now I only get them from a few select people...especially now that I can get onto Twitter at work! (Thanks to my current boss for understanding social media!)

Does anyone else get annoyed by those who only re-tweet and never have anything of value to say themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis